Learning Forward blog
- The Learning Professional’s new issue points educators to promising research findings and offers advice for the best possible evaluation approaches
Dallas, Texas – What works in K-12 educator professional learning is top of mind for state, district, and school leaders, especially now, as educators make critical spending decisions to boost
- How to translate Standards for Professional Learning into practice
One of the best ways to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it in multiple ways – listen, observe, study, practice. That approach to learning a new language
- Newsmakers: Learning Forward leaders shaping critical issues in K-12 education
Dallas, Texas – January 31, 2024 – Learning Forward is pleased to announce two of its leaders are making news through their participation in highly visible national events that demonstrate
- At the outset of network and improvement design, consider who it is truly meant to help
Learning Forward’s 2023 Annual Conference highlighted a theme of “Evidence into Action.” Not coincidentally, some of the featured conference speakers and sessions could easily be reframed as the reverse: “Action
- Learning Forward a member of consortium that developed the 2024 National Educational Technology Plan
The U.S. Department of Education’s 2024 National Educational Technology Plan (NETP) represents a significant educational policy milestone, setting a vision and plan for K-12 learning enabled by technology, according to
- U.S. Department of Education releases 2024 National Educational Technology Plan
January 22, 2024 — The U.S. Department of Education (Department) today released the 2024 National Educational Technology Plan (NETP): A Call to Action for Closing the Digital Access, Design and
- Congress makes progress on FY24 spending but final deal elusive
When Congress returned to work in January, all members knew that fiscal year 2024 funding remained unresolved and that it faced another countdown to the federal government running out of
- The Learning Professional’s most-read articles in 2023
‘Tis the season for list-making and reflection! With the close of this past year, we reflect on your interests as readers of The Learning Professional. In 2023, the trending themes
- Top blogs tap into educator communities for their professional learning insights
Learning Forward’s top professional learning blog posts of 2023 focused on critical topics addressing priorities faced by educators globally. Our top blogs of the year surfaced innovative models and strategies
- Coaching is not consulting, nor is it collaborating. Here’s what it is.
Coaching is a high-impact form of professional learning that helps educators build their expertise and hone their practices so students can achieve success. Although some professional learning leaders have an
Excellent teaching and learning every day.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of its members, clients, partners, and staff to establish and sustain effective professional learning.